Micro Radar Altimeter
The smallest size altimeter available today – just 11 x 9.9 x 2.84cm.
Lowest weight radar altimeter on the market. Only 350g in standard housing. Sensational 160g for fully integrated version.
Consumes less than 4W from 7-32V DC, it represents the lowest power altimeter device on the market.
Extremely robust, works in -40 to +85°C environments and withstands highest shock and vibration levels.
Antenna and radar all in one unit: 0.5 to 500m with one model.
Just 17ms for one measurement, 60 measurements per second!
The Micro Radar Altimeter is one of the most advanced radar altimeters on the market today. This leading technology product is intended for standard UAVs, small UAVs (sUAV), micro UAVs (MAV), fixed and rotary winged aircraft, VTOL aircraft, target drones, terrain awareness and warning systems (TAWS), terrain mapping, wave height monitoring and similar applications. Operates under pitch and roll angles of up to ±20 degree. Provides stable and precise altitude – at low cost.
The Micro Radar Altimeter starts operating after power-on w/o any configuration required. Displays for altitude and sink rate are available for plug-and-play aircraft integration.
UMRR-0A Type 34 Altimeter
- Altitude interval: 0.5 .. 500 m.
- Accuracy: Typically 2% (high altitude) or 0.25 m (low altitude)
- Maximum pitch and roll: ±20°.
- Size: 110 x 99 x 29 mm.
- Weight: 350g.
- very robust and watertight.
- RS485 or CAN data interface.
UMRR-0A Type 34 Altimeter Lightweight
- Measurement performance identical to standard version.
- Very light weight: 160 g if used without radome, 235 g with radome.
- RS485 or CAN data interface.
Beside the standard housing and the light weight housing version, Smartmicro offers customized housings on request. The attached pig-tail cable and the connector can be customized as well. Contact us for custom products questions.
Sensor Data Interface (RS485 or CAN)
- Altitude data: Height above ground, vertical speed, status (measurement valid/invalid).
- Sensor status: total time, cycle duration, number of cycles and more.
- Self test results: all IBIT and CBIT information.
- Commands: sensor can be fully remote controlled by sending commands during operation.
- Software updates / modifications (if needed) can be uploaded to the sensor in system, no disconnection or power cycle required.
- If required, the data interface can be customized.
Available Physical Interfaces
RS485 and CAN Bus.
Communication protocols: Smartmicro, RedLion serial display, custom
The Micro Radar Altimeter can be mounted on the bottom part of the aircraft. Since the housing, radome and connector of the standard version are waterproof, the radar altimeters can be mounted without any protection or, if desired, they can be mounted invisibly behind a plastics or other nonconductive material. For first tests we offer a universal fixture (bracket). Please see our Accessories Page for further details.
Diagnostic Software (DriveRecorder/SmartFrame)
- Receives, logs, plays back and displays data from the connected sensors coming from any available physical interface.
- Displays streams of digital video cameras which may be connected to the radar network for documentation purposes.
- Monitors sensor status and self test results.
- Allows software upload or command transmission to sensors.
- Provides options for export of data to standard formats like MATLAB or *.csv.
- Fully configurable to the user's preference.